Thursday, November 26, 2009

T.O.Y

I do really love toys although I don't collect many like other collectors.However I am planning to have a lot a lot of toys collection of my own characters and other toys figures as well at my own gallery in the future.

After watching Toy story 1 and 2 by Pixar Studio, I realized that toys are not only just toys, but they are our friends who always love to play with us from we were a child until now.

About one year ago, I used modeling clay to sculpt these small creatures. The sizes are below 5cm.
So can be said these are my first toys I created, because usually I only drew a character or doodle, traced and colored it in computer.
And probably I will use different kinds of materials such as vinyl, clay, wood, found object, paper, fabric,metal, and more to sculpt a toy for next time.


Next, introduce... Mousta
Sketch of Mousta

I collected a wood from college workshop but not quite sure what type of wood that I used. So, with help of the big cutting and sanding machines, the basic shape of Mousta was done. Then I continued with pencil outline for detail.

Artline pen









Mousta
2009
Artline pen on wood
4.5 x 1.8 x 7.5 cm

Does any one loves wooden toys? Check out Noferin wooden toys and their awesome works!

Also, I have participated in Speaker dog paper toys paper previously. Click here to view the blog archive.

Anyway, If you are around Singapore, do visit Mint Museum of Toys. I never been there, but I heard they have numbers of toys collection.




Play time,

pYus

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...